Monday, December 29, 2008

Almost a New Year


Did you all have a wonderful Christmas? I know we did. We are slowly returning to a rhythm around here, not the same one though, a *it's almost a new year* rhythm. A fresh start.

Jenny at Little Jenny Wren had a wonderful post today about this very subject.

I love her peaceful and eloquent words, she stirs me on the blessed tasks of the day. (Even though we are now hit with torrential type rains here, and I just want cuddle up in my favorite robe and knit~LOL)

Today, we have several kid visitors in our home, which makes for a fun day, albeit inside fun. I am going to get some tidying done, plan out a grocery list, and hopefully the rains will melt the remainder of the snow around my van so that I can get out this week. Our cupboards are in need of replenishing.

After all of the making and crafting of Christmas, I generally take a break for awhile. I am itching though to start work on a new patchwork quilt for the livingroom. Not a huge undertaking, more of a lap quilt. I have most of the squares already cut, so it should come together pretty quickly. I also have a sweet little embroidery project I want to do for my sweet daughter.

For the past few months I have been working on a shawl based on Jewels' daughter Rosie's design. Whenever I have a spare moment I rattle off a few rows. I am getting near to completing this, it will be perfect for the Spring when a bulky woolen sweater is too much.

I pray that you are all enjoying the prospect of a new year, a fresh start, and looking forward to all of the blessings that lie ahead.

I know that I am looking forward to fresh lettuce, spinach, and carrots as soon as the ground is workable in a few months.

Have a blessed and productive Monday in your cozy homes.

In God's Love, Tami

1 comment: