Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Birds Return

The truth is that they never *completely* go away. But wow, are the masses back. We had seven different varieties hanging around our feeder the other morning. Most of them were in flocks, so there were a lot of birds. We love to gather around our dining room window and watch them interact.

We had tons of Robins, Stellar Jays, Juncos, Chickadees, Starlings, House Sparrows, and Wrens. I think the birds were a little excited about the recently filled feeders.

This blurry picture is of a Dark-Eyed Junco. These little guys are so cute, and everywhere.

These are our two favorite bird books. I especially love the Reader's Digest book. Beautiful illustrations.

A perfect opportunity to get out our nature journals and draw those cute critters.
We can look forward to the next three seasons of bird watching, feeding, and marveling. Our resident pair of House Sparrows will start with their first batch of babies in late April. They usually have 3 or 4 batches. This is so exciting for my kiddos. We got to witness 2 fledglings leaving the nest for the first time last Mother's Day. That was very special.
Spring is very close. I can't wait.
Have a blessed and productive day.
In God's Love, Tami

2 comments:

  1. We enjoy watching the birds at our feeder, too. Hope you have lovely Sunday! Stay warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when we are at a place where I can put out the bird feeder. This time last year while in Atlanta I had 20 different kinds of birds at my feeder in a day. I love to hear them sing!

    ReplyDelete