Monday, November 5, 2012

field trip




 
I am the mom that always signs up to chaperone field trips. I figure that's it a great way to spend one-on-one time with my kiddos. And also, when would I actually get to these cool places on my own accord??? I have been on some great field trips.
The Burke Museum is fascinating. It is located on the University of Washington campus. We had a 30 minute bus ride, not too bad. The bus ride in itself is a treat. Being driven there, meant that I could stare at the beautiful Seattle neighborhoods and sights. A bonus was being able to sit next to a dear mom-friend and have 30 minutes of uninterrupted talk time.
Our focus was the rocks and minerals exhibition. We also studied how the land has changed in Washington State. We had Rhinoceros here at one point. Crazy.
As my kids grow, the field trips will diminish. I am so glad I've been able to join them.
 
Have a blessed Monday, Tami


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it fun to see who your child plays with and what the teacher is like? It's like peeking into a window of their day :)

    ReplyDelete