Thursday, June 26, 2008

Randomly

We have had a splendid week outdoors. Lots of yard work, hanging laundry, and sitting on the patio folding it with a beautiful view to my courtyard garden.

We had some yummy sausage, egg, & cheese biscuits one morning for breakfast. What a hit they were! They are the *best* when they are homemade-with-love.

We are harvesting the last of our lettuces, spinach, and chard. I need to find a different spot for them next year to try and extend their season. I will be planting more of these salad greens when the weather cools down a bit.

I am hoping that my sweet hubby will build me some of these in the coming weeks........My vegetable garden is ready for them, yay! We have decided to build a custom chicken coop to fit into a different area of the yard. I have a lovely area in my enclosed courtyard garden where we can have the chickens, and they can scratch around during the day protected from our dogs. We will be a little closer to them and better able to enjoy them too.

I am busy, busy, busy today packing for our weekend camping trip. What excitement! We are going with a large group of neighbors and friends. There will be 19 children and 12 adults. Today I am finishing with the food preparations and freezing as much as I can to act as ice would in the coolers. The temperatures are supposed to be in the 90's where we are going, hot by our standards here is Washington State. I can hardly wait to leave in the morning.

I pray that you all have a blessed weekend! Enjoy your sweet treasures, and I will fill you in with all of the camping fun next week. In God's Love, Tami

7 comments:

  1. Dear Tami;

    Have a wonderful time! Can you post the recipe for your biscuits?

    Blessings,

    mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camping sounds like a good idea with the sun finally shining around here,

    Those biscuts look so fluffy but they don't look like white flour. Would love the recipe if you don't mind.

    Have fun this weeend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camping....oh, that sounds fun! And, so many friends to keep you company! Looks like you'll be having a great time!! Have a fun and safe trip :)

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sweet Tami,

    Thank you for the lovely breakfast!
    It was delicious!
    and a garden stroll..
    Have a wonderful time camping,,

    Love,
    Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your biscuits look yummy! I just wanted you to know that I've nominated you for an award on my blog. Come by and see!

    God bless!
    Laura
    Splashing in God's Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stumbled across your blog and I have enjoyed it. Will stop by again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tami,
    I hope you had a grand time! We are off on Thursday for our camping trip as well. Love the mountains and the lake!

    Hugs,
    Peggy
    The Simple Woman

    ReplyDelete