I like to serve it with warm garlic bread and a big yummy salad.
3/4 lb. whole wheat penne pasta
1 lb. ground beef (we use organic)
1 (26 oz.) jar pasta sauce
1 (15 oz.) container of lowfat cottage cheese or ricotta (I usually go for organic cottage cheese, because it is less expensive)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 chopped fresh or frozen spinach
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook penne pasta until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet cook beef until brown; drain. Season to your liking and stir in pasta sauce; remove from heat.
- In bowl combine cottage cheese (or ricotta), mozzarella, Parmesan, beaten egg, and spinach. Stir until well combined.
- In a 3 quart baking dish layer half the pasta, half the sauce, and half the cheese mixture. Repeat. Top with about 1/4 cup additional mozzarella.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbly. Enjoy!
We are having major progress in the kitchen garden this week. I will post pictures soon.
I pray that you all have a blessed and productive Monday. In God's Love, Tami