Monday, October 6, 2008

Tomato Frenzy

September was all about tomatoes. They are still everywhere!


Look at this funny little tomato. Isn't it cute!
These little tomatoes in front are Red Currants, they are so great for salads and for snacking.
One of our favorite side dishes. Fresh homegrown zucchini, green beans, and Sweet Chelsea tomatoes drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. SO yummy.
I am roasting tomatoes here. We made some yummy sauce with these babies. Aren't the beautiful? This recipe is from "Back to the Table" by Art Smith. A very beautiful book.
Now that the rains have come, I am pulling all the remaining tomatoes. I should be able to finish ripening them nicely.
Well, I am off to do a little knitting or maybe peel a few apples for apple crisp tonight.
Have a truly blessed Monday. In God's Love, Tami

2 comments:

  1. your tomatoes looks delicious :)

    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed at how you can make something as simple as a plate full of tomatoes look like a work of art. Your pictures are beautiful. And you make me wish I could be slurping on a home-grown juicy tomato right about now!

    ReplyDelete