Thursday, September 20, 2012

busy and happy

{homemade Saimin}

Well, the new school year is off to a great start.
The weather has been gorgeous.
I am doing better this school year.
I feel a little less unsettled and more able to be at home. That is a big change over past years, when I avoided being home at all for the first month, at least.
I don't feel as lonely.
I am more at peace.
It only took 3 years to get here.

I spent this morning trying to soothe my lower back. I have no idea what I did to it. Perhaps, cleaning the master bedroom Monday.......I rested a bit in hopes of it feeling better, and it didn't hurt any to catch a little nap. My mornings start very early. I get up at 5:30am and wake Kane shortly after. He leaves for school at 6:25am. A sophomore in high school. How did this happen? Eric gets up at 6am and leaves shortly after that. I wake the 3 youngest kiddos at 7am, and they are out the door by 8am. Whew.

Last week, Eric and I made Saimin. It is the real-food equivalent to Top Ramen. It is totally famous in Hawaii. When we are in Kauai, we eat at Hamura Saimin in Lihue. Go, if you're ever there. It is amazing. Our version was made with Spam, hardboiled eggs, bok choy, and green onion. Spam.......very popular in Hawaii. We will have to make this again. It was a hit.

The garden is still producing lots of tomatoes. Such a blessing.
I took a little break from knitting. I was too into reading. My world would be perfect if I could do both. I am finally ready to finish the second sleeve on my cardigan.

I am reading "The Fiery Cross", the 5th book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Huge books. Huge time commitment. Loving every moment of it.

This week is a busy one.
Church council, bible study, curriculum night, Cub Scouts, sports practices, guitar..........
Soccer and football tonight. Somehow manage homework. Whew again.

Friday should be better. No practices, no homework, just playing outside and dinner together.
Yes.

Have a blessed Thursday, Tami





1 comment:

  1. Our tomatoes are complete. So are the cucumbers and we are ready for fall around here. Pick a very very simple stockinette knit pattern and try to knit and read or watch tv and do not look at your knitting every so often, that is how I did it. The book has to be a bigger book that stays opened. Pocket paperbacks just do not cut it.

    ReplyDelete