Sunday, November 25, 2007

One of My Favorites

Goodnight, Little People by Thomas Hood

The evening is coming, the sun sinks to rest,
The rooks are all flying straight home to the nest.
"Caw!" says the rook, as he flies overhead.
"It's time little people were going to bed."

The flowers are closing; The daisy's asleep,
The primrose is buried in slumber so deep.
Shut up for the night is the pimpernal red;
It's time little people were going to bed!
Goodnight little people,
Good night and good night;
Sweet dreams to your eyelids till dawning of light.
The evening has come, there's no more to be said;
It's time little people were going to bed!



Well, I am off to ready my little ones for bed. We have enjoyed our extended weekend so much. I pray that you all had a peaceful and restful weekend. I am so thankful for each one of you as we enter this special season of our Savior's birth.
As our tradition stands, we put up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. I love the lights and the sparkle at night. Such joy washes over me as I revisit each special ornament on our tree. What wonderful memories and traditions we have.

Have a wonderful night. In God's Love, Tami

1 comment:

  1. Tami, such a sweet poem! I will read it to my children too. We put our tree up the first weekend in December. Have a wonderful night, my friend...Carrie.

    ReplyDelete