We had a very busy weekend. On Saturday we attended a Cub Scout banquet, and Sunday was filled with church and then the kick-off of our baseball season. The sun came out, but it was cold. Nothing like standing outside in the cold for hours. Bring on the ballgames! By the end of the season we will be in sunglasses and short-sleeves. At least it didn't rain. I am sure there will be plenty of that to come.
We are 5 days into No-Spend March! I am enjoying the challenges so far. My biggest obstacle is staying out of the thrift stores. (and Starbuck's) - I am saving money and time if I stay out of them. I am also saving money on gas, that is a big bonus seeing as though gas is approaching $4.00 per gallon here. OUCH.
Here are some of my recent "No-Spend March" victories.
- I baked a cake to donate for a silent auction instead of buying something.
- I cut 4 heads of hair on Sunday evening. (a 80.00 savings!)
- We participated in a gear swap and outfitted our kiddos for baseball.
- I am baking bread today.
- Making a birthday gift out of supplies I have on hand.
- Said no to extras at the grocery store.
- I darned 4 pair of my favorite wool socks, instead of replacing them.
I love being absolutely deliberate about spending, and I love saving money!
Have a blessed Monday, Tami