Monday, June 4, 2012

weekend


We had a great weekend. A little sunshine, a little baseball, and date night with friends.

We had pizza for dinner on Sunday. I used a new crust recipe that I really like. It is a typical recipe with a little sugar and a little cornmeal mixed in. The recipe also called for a layer of mozzarella directly on the dough before the sauce. It keeps the dough from getting soggy from the sauce. What a great idea, and it did the job. I added some wonderful uncured Canadian bacon and a cheddar/jack/mozzarella mix to top it off. YUM. I will use this recipe again, and because I can't leave well enough alone, I will have to try and healthify it with whole grain flour. I have to try....

Today I have more baking to do and yogurt to make. It's stay-home Monday and I love it.
Have a blessed day, Tami

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try that! The cheese against the dough...who knew! Thanks! Psst. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, keep us posted on your recipe revisions! We've been making homemade pizza the last few weeks with the kids (great hands on cooking for little ones!)...but I've cheated and bought my dough from Trader Joe's. Should take the next step and make it really 'home'-made! Yours looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete