Thursday, July 5, 2012

aprons

I love aprons.
I nearly always have one on during the day. Aside from the obvious reasons to wear an apron (clean clothes), there is just something special about it. That little rectangle of cotton with strings makes me feel connected to the women throughout the generations who have worked hard to create home. An apron makes me feel like I have just donned the most fancy uniform, and I am ready to get down to business.
I have made aprons and been given aprons, I have thrifted aprons and refashioned them out of old skirts and dresses, and I love them all just the same.
I am in the mood to make a new apron.
Here is a little sampling of the aprons that are catching my eye.


{credit}
{credit}
{credit}


{credit}

I love half aprons, but I do own a few other styles as well. I am thinking I will make another half one. My favorite apron is thread bare. Oh yes, I definitely need a new one. :~)
Check out my Pinterest page if you want to see more of my favorites.

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July.

Have a blessed day, Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment