Tuesday, July 17, 2012

chickadees


This little bird house was hung haphazardly in our plum tree, oh, about 10 years ago. Not a single bird has paid any attention to it until this year.
This year, we have baby chickadees.
As soon as the babies leave the nest, I need to take it down, repair the bottom, and put it up more securely. Hopefully they will come back again.

I really wanted a look at those babies. I stood on a ladder and held my camera up over my head in front of the house to get a photo. I managed to catch one of the babies just as it popped it's head up. I am lucky the photo is even in focus. I must have looked pretty funny taking the picture. I am sure that the mama bird was quite perturbed at me.



We do love little birds. Maybe we will put up a few more birdhouses, and in about 10 years, a mama birdie will nest in it. :~)

Have a blessed day, Tami

1 comment:

  1. I am smiling at what we do to get photos-thanks for sharing it in this post--very exciting!

    ReplyDelete