Monday, August 27, 2012

summer's end









We are holding on just a little longer to summer. We have one week to go until school starts.
The weather has a little edge to it. I can feel the subtle change. We've seen no rain for weeks, I expect it will be upon us shortly.

Football season is on. Little boys and big boys alike.
Do you see that lad wearing a jersey in every.single.photo ? Yeah, it will be that way until the end of October. Our little town is awash in a sea of royal blue. Team spirit for sure.

Eric is back. Thank the Lord. Really.
I missed that man. I can get by without him, but not well. I admit it.
My computer is now happy again, thanks to the man of the house. He is good.

There are all sorts of back to school happenings this week. We are in sports mode already. Soccer and football practices have begun. We are at summer's end.

I am not sure that I am ready.
Everything is ready, but I am not.
A quiet house works for me for about a day. Then it is just too quiet.
I will adjust, just like I do every year. I will busy myself and be distracted until I get used to them being gone all day. I hate that anticipation, knowing that I will feel this way, and knowing that I will just have to deal with it.
Enough of that heavy talk.
I need to enjoy them thoroughly this week. And I will.

Have a blessed day, Tami

1 comment:

  1. I am thrilled to have a quiet house, but it is weird. We only did tennis season when our son was young and it is a brief season!! I hope you have fun sliding into fall and all of its glory :)

    ReplyDelete