Saturday, August 25, 2007

Simply Saturday

Today started out like most Saturdays; lingering for a long time in our big bed, surrounded by little cuddly ones wrapped in fuzzy blankets, so happy that Daddy is at home all day. Above is the very happy Nolan, nestled contentedly next to me.

We started out the morning with a quick treasure hunting adventure and a stop for donuts. I was so exceedingly blessed to find two Hannah Whitall Smith books today for next to nothing. "The God of All Comfort" and "The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life" have been on my radar for awhile, and the Lord blessed me doubly today.

During quiet time today, I finished this cute little applique on one of Nolan's plain sweatshirts. He is very pleased. The rest of my quiet time was spent desperately trying to finish my dear husband's anniversary gift. I will be unveiling it Tuesday, on the big day.


Our Saturday ended with a grocery shopping trip to Costco, and a quick dinner there.

What a simply full and wonderful day together. I relished every ordinary moment of it, and am so happy to be a wife and mama. Thank you dear Lord.

I received news tonight, that Jewels' daughter-in-love, Claire, is in labor. So very exciting. We will be praying for her family tonight as this newest blessing is delivered into the arms of a very loving family.

I am ready to settle into my comfy bed. Have a wonderful night of rest, Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment