Friday, September 14, 2007

A Full and Busy Week

We were pretty busy this week. Busier than I normally like to be. I prefer to stay home and tend to my family and home, without too much running around.
We are getting into the rhythm and routine of the new school year and it feels good.

My youngest treasures started preschool on Thursday, and had a wonderful time. We have been so blessed by the little Lutheran preschool in town. The preschool is an extension of the church ministry, therefore, is very affordable and Christ-centered. We love that.

I have been a busy bee making and re-purposing some school clothing for Lisa-Marie. The skirt on the left was made, with modifications, using a "twirly skirt" tutorial from House on Hill Road. The cardi is a wool sweater that I felted and made into a zippered cardigan. I embellished the red jumper with a bunny applique, my sweet daughter's favorite animal.

These huge zucchini were a huge blessing from our neighbors. I promptly shredded them and froze them in muffin tins. Each portion of the tin holds about 1/2 cup. The pre-measured portions are so convenient when I am ready to use them.

After they were frozen, I removed them from the tin, and bagged them. I can hardly wait to make lots of zucchini bread and chocolate-zucchini cake this winter.


I am glad it is Friday. I look forward to spending a wonderful weekend together. I look forward to lingering in my nest awhile, and having a good snuggle with all my sweeties.

There will be lots of plum picking, yard playing, house cleaning, day napping, food cooking, and loving laughter.

I pray that you all had a blessed week and have a restful weekend. In God's Love, Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment