Monday, October 8, 2007

A Cherished Memory

One of my most treasured childhood memories is of my paternal grandma making playdough for me. She was a Sunday school teacher for 19 years and had all sorts of fun things she made.
The recipe I have for it, is handwritten by her, and a treasure to me.
Her handwriting is so beautiful, graceful, and precise. So much like her.

We made "birthday" playdough on Saturday as part of our festivities. It is *so* easy to make and a great project for the kiddos to help with.


Here is the recipe for Playdough:

1 cup flour

1/2 cup iodized salt

2 t. cream of tartar

2 T. vegetable oil

1 cup water mixed with coloring of choice

Mix all of the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly. As it cooks the mixture will get VERY thick and form into a ball. It will be very hard to stir, but keep going until the ball is formed. Remove from the pan and let cool a bit.

Knead the playdough while it is still warm. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!

I pray that you all had a blessed weekend. Have a wonderful and productive Monday. In God's Love, Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment