Sunday, October 28, 2007

One of My Favorites


I read this poem for the first time on Jewel's blog.
I immediately wrote it down and took it to heart.

The Little Home by Edgar A. Guest

The little house is not too small
To shelter friends who come to call.

Though low the roof and small it's space,
It holds the Lord's abounding grace.

And every simple room may be
Endowed with happy memory.

The little home, severely plain,
A wealth of beauty may contain.

Within it those who dwell may find,
High faith which makes for peace of mind.

And that sweet understanding which,
Can make the poorest cottage rich.

The little house can hold all things
From which the soul's contentment springs.

'Tis not too small for love to grow,
For all the joys that mortals know,

For mirth and song and that delight,
Which make the humblest dwelling bright.



Bless you all in your little homes today.
Have a nice day of rest.

In God's Love, Tami

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Yes, I love that poem! I love anything that celebrates family, cozy homes, people in my home, hospitality...I think we as moms and wives, have an awesome privelage of making our homes anything we want to as we reach out in love to our families and friends. Have a sweet day, Tami, Love, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good one. I'll have to copy that into my journal. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tami, I just found your blog via Jenny Wren and I was really moved by your post about beating depression. Thanks it really spoke to me.

    Looks like a great blog, I'm off to read more.

    cheers Lenny,

    ReplyDelete