Wednesday, October 17, 2007

So Tiny...

I have always loved tiny things.

As a child I can remember being mesmerized by "The Borrowers" books. Everything they had was tiny and re-purposed from something else. (Another reason to love them).
When I played dolls as a young girl, I would pretend to make tiny pies in bottle caps and used all sorts of re-purposed household items to decorate my doll house.
Last week I came across this tiny vintage tea set while I was out treasure hunting with my mom. Isn't so sweet? It must be from the 1940's, because the stamp says "Made in Occupied Japan". The second photo shows how actually tiny it is compared to a regular tea cup and saucer.


It's ownership now safely sealed with Miss Lisa-Marie, who could barely contain herself when she saw it. The set sits safely next to her teacups in our little china cabinet.
This morning she brought it out and very gently and sweetly played with it, then put it back until next time.
Oh, the joys of being a child. I relive it each day with my children during their wondrous adventures and playscapes. I may even enjoy playing more now as an adult, than I did then.........:~)
I pray that you all had a joyous time playing with your children today.
I'll be on the look-out for more tiny things, as it seems, Lisa-Marie is fond of them too.

Blessings to all and sweet slumber.
In God's Love, Tami

2 comments:

  1. Dear Tami,
    Don't you love to watch your children play tea? I love to listen to what they talk about....I should write it down on the blog next time...Love, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I have always loved miniature objects and I collect them. xoxo Nita

    ReplyDelete