Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Content for Today


It dawned on me today, that I have been so focused on what things may lie ahead, that I have forgotten to be content with the immeasurable grace and blessing that I am given today.

I have lost sight of God's plan, in favor of the plan that I think He *might* have for me. Instead of being grateful today, I have fallen into the trap of dreaming about how others live, and how I might just love that life.

This is the life that God has given me, and it is such a blessed one, that I am ashamed to have been overlooking it.

There are so many things *I want*, things that seem perfectly practical to me, even still they are my flesh. They rob me of contentment for where I am today.

God wants to give me the desires of my heart, but I must be truly grateful for *this* day. Living God's plan for me includes putting aside my wants for His greater glory. He is all to me, He is all I need.

I am always in awe of how God gently guides me through His plan for my life. I am grateful that He is such a gentle God. I am like a child learning a lesson for the first time as he gently explains to me the error of my ways.

Forgive me and thank you Lord for guiding me into this greater understanding of Your will for me. Amen.

Thank you all for listening to my inner ramblings. It helps so much to be able to write about this journey that I am on, in my walk with God and with my family.

Have a blessed Tuesday. In God's Love, Tami

3 comments:

  1. I was going to comment here last week but never got to it. Anyway, I just wanted to say that this is such a wonderful post, and a blessing as well.

    You are beautiful to me!

    ReplyDelete