Thursday, February 7, 2008

The "Treehouse"


We made an addition to the very popular
Christmas present we made for kids.
We now have stairs.
We cut a tree branch into 1/2 inch slices and glued them in a stair step pattern. Each little addition we make delights the children.

They *love* this toy. I am overjoyed with making something out of natural and non-commercial materials. Their imaginations are wide open, and truly they choose to play with this everyday. Lately, they have been calling it a "treehouse". I like that.

We are hoping to add another level and maybe a little rope ladder. I still need to figure out how to make the little log furniture I like. I have seen some needle felted trees that are so cute. I would love to learn to make those.
I pray that you all had a peaceful and productive Thursday.
In God's Love, Tami

2 comments:

  1. Tami, that's just terrific. You have done a great job. I'd like one for myself. By the way I'd love to see a picture of your 50's cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree house. Looking forward to the next level and rope ladder :o)

    ReplyDelete