Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Treasure

Here are a few of the *treasures* I've found recently.

A beautiful set of ironstone dishes. 8 place settings for $10.00~ YAY!
I love old dishes, and even though these are not beyond vintage,
they are a reproduction of older ironstone.
They are in great condition and will serve us well.

I thought this little bowl was so charming. It has that same beautiful ivory color as my new ironstone. It will be perfect for serving vegetables or a small side dish.

These nesting dolls are the most precious thing. They are very well loved and sure to get lots of affection here. My kids love playing with them.

This solo teacup was so beautiful that I couldn't pass it up. I has such simple lines that it shouldn't be difficult to find a little saucer to match. The cup is so thin and delicate, when you hold it up to the light, you can see right through it.

These vintage potholders are so sweet. I bought them as a set, and I can just imagine the care and time that went into creating them. I was overjoyed to pay only a few dollars for them.

I find such pleasure in finding usefulness in old and forgotten items. There are so many reasons that I seek to reuse these treasures.

First is the cost ~ I sometimes feel guilty paying the minute costs of these things, I get over the guilt quickly :~) also, I think that reusing what has aready been created, is such as vital way of reducing the weight of mass production on God's precious creation.

I have such a fascination with old things. Each treasure has a story, it's like being transported back in time, imagining what life would have been like for a mama like me generations ago.

I pray that you all have a blessed and productive Wednesday. In God's Love, Tami


3 comments:

  1. I love the serving dish! And I love to re-use things too. I enjoy having something that someone else had and used. Most people like new things...that's never been me except with mattresses, pillows and shoes LOL!
    What a steal on the dish set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tami, I love the potholders...I've been 'searching' for some like this, but haven't found any yet. And, I love old serving dishes. They can be so unique and even if they're not a perfect match to everything else, they keep everything on the table so interesting. Thanks for sharing your new finds! Have a great afternoon!
    ~Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love it! Really, we need to go thrifting together sometime.

    Have a wonderful, cozy day Tami.
    Love, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete