Thursday, May 3, 2012

my week


This week I have been incredibly out of sorts. With my girl home sick with the flu, there has been a welcome, but unplanned stray form my usual rhythm. My house is a wreck. There is a ton of laundry to do. The checkbook needs balancing...I have chosen to be alongside my girl comforting her, nourishing her, and joining her for a few favorite movies. As she dozed on Monday, I did manage to scrub a toilet and clean a chicken coop. Also, being totally engrossed in a book for 3 days didn't help my house either. (Gotta love a good book)
Our intense baseball schedule continues and dinners are hurried and simple. It is running me down a bit. I think the slow cooker and I need to become friends. The light at the end of the tunnel is 7 weeks away. Summer break. Summer break is slow, and peaceful and together. Just what we all need.
Even though this week has been astray from my normally ordered and rhythmic life, I am
declaring it all good. It is good for me to go with it, to just let the house be, not be totally on top of things for a few days, maybe even let a few balls drop. Gasp. A good lesson in giving up control.
Next week will be back to regular programming, that is unless my efforts to contain this flu bug have failed..........then I will be caring for more little people, and praying it's not me that gets it. We will see. Hopefully, I will be able to spend a little time out in the garden and get my tomatoes, beans, and zucchini planted. I also have a little project going in our kitchen. I will have photos as soon as we have more of a plan. It is exciting for me, little changes that get me closer to my dream kitchen :~)

Have a blessed day. Tami





2 comments:

  1. I do hope you do NOT get the flu. The house will get way more messier if your sick. I wish your daughter health. Allrecipes.com has tons of recipes maybe you can find some simple stuff to make for the next 7 weeks? Good luck......what was the good book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my kids were younger I always found the last weeks of the school year very hectic. Days are longer but they get filled up quickly with activities and end of year commitments. Busier days, less sleep. It's good to have some down days, caring for your little one, reading a good book. Enjoy this little respite to recharge ~ and keep that flu from flourishing! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete