Sunday, January 1, 2012

::Orderliness::

Every January I get the itch to organize. Clear out the unwanted and unnecessary, plan meals, examine our spending (code for getting or grocery bill under control), and re-organize spaces.
Creating some after Christmas order in my home.
I have been thinking a lot about orderliness. This goes along with all the time I spend thinking about *stuff* and how we have too much of it.

I believe God is a God of order, and I believe that I best function in some sort of orderliness. I believe that my lack of preparedness makes my life harder than it needs to be. I believe that God is calling me to work on this area of my life. So here it is, no more excuses for me.

"He who every morning plans the transaction of the day and follows out that plan carries a thread that will guide him through the labyrinth of the most busy life... But where not plan is laid... chaos will soon reign."~ Victor Hugo

Preparing myself and my surroundings so that I will achieve the greatest efficiency - I Corinthians 14:40 (IBLP)

I found this article very interesting. It mostly addresses homeschooling and not all of it spoke to me but, I found this part of it particularly convicting:

"Our God is a God of order and we are made in His image; therefore we are to be learning about and growing in the character quality of orderliness. I know some of you don't want to hear that, but it is the truth. It is wrong when we try to opt out of practicing any of His character qualities by saying, "Well, that doesn't really apply to me because I was not made with an orderly bent." The truth is that sin has marred the world and our own character, and thus you may well not have a bent toward orderliness, but that is beside the point. We are to be working on all the elements of godly character. So there you have it; no escape clause!"

When I am prepared, I am more calm. When I am calm, I have a happy family. End of story. :~)
God wants order in my life, to open me to all He has to tell me. Chaos distracts us from hearing and seeing all that is for us, all the blessings waiting to be given, all of the lessons to be learned, all of the
joy to be felt.

Now, I am not talking about extreme orderliness. I do not need every minute detail of my life planned out........But my efforts to be orderly, however small do always pay off.
A tidy home, a meal planned, and an organized calendar do give me a sense of freedom and peace. Peace is good.

I do not need perfect orderliness, but when I am feeling frazzled, I will seek a little order. I can do one little thing to bring peace, and that one little thing will make a difference in my day.

I pray that you are having a peaceful and productive day, Tami

No comments:

Post a Comment