Monday, February 13, 2012

weekend

{a new piece of art for our walls, drawn by Kane}
{heading out to the chicken garden}

{homemade granola}
We had a wonderful weekend.
Eric and Gage went camping with his Cub Scout den. I'm glad to have stayed cozy and warm at home. We spent Friday evening with our best neighbor friends. We let the little kids stay up way too late, snacking endlessly and watching movies. Michelle and I talked and knitted the night away. It was the perfect way to spend the evening with the dads and boys away at camp.

{Camp Sheppard - can you see Gage way off in the distance?}
Sunday was busy with church and our annual Youth Auction. I hope that the bracelet I made went for bunches of money, it's for a great cause. This auction helps the high schoolers go on their summer mission trip. This year they are going to New Orleans.

I am glad the boys are back, they had a great time at camp.
We will be busy making Valentine cards today. I love Valentine's Day. I am going to be making a card like this one for my honey.

Can I gush a little bit about the beautiful drawing of the raccoons. Kane loves art class. He brings home the most amazing pieces. Most of them are in his room, I am so blessed to have this newest drawing to enjoy in the center of our home. I love using the art we've created to decorate our walls.

Have a blessed day, Tami

1 comment:

  1. The drawing is beautiful! How wonderful to be sitting with a friend enjoying her company :) Your weekend sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete