Wednesday, February 29, 2012

worth the wait


Two years ago, I came across 5 skeins of Berroco Alpaca yarn at the Goodwill.......for $5.00.
When I found this yarn, I snatched it up quick. I decided that whatever I made, I had to be great. I settled on a sweater, searched for a pattern that worked with 5 skeins, and began.
I finished the original sweater 18 months ago. It was too big, and not the good kind of big. A good big would have been flowy, drapey, and comfy. I knew I wouldn't wear it.  I frogged it all the way to the bustline, and set out to make it fit better. The original shoulders and arms fit me so perfect that I didn't want to mess with starting over completely.
I am so pleased with how it turned out. It is a basic top-down, raglan sleeve, v-neck cardigan. I used a garter stitch band around the sleeve, neck/front, and bottom. The body of the sweater is stockinette. It has no closures and came out with the perfect amount of drape in the front. The sleeves are my favorite part. They are long and wide with a kimono-ish style to them. The bottom of the sweater hits me mid-hip and is nicely fitted. I just need to finish blocking and I am done! I would say, it was worth the wait.

Happy Leap Day, Tami

2 comments:

  1. Lovely yarn and boy, did you find a great bargain! Glad you reknitted parts of the sweater so you liked the fit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to learn how to knit. Great bargain on the quality yarn & judging from the photo the color is beautiful.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete